Thursday, August 29, 2013

11-Year Old Starts College Majoring In Physics

Here's a piece of news to make all of us mere mortals feel highly inadequate.

A lot of people have a hard time choosing a major when they start college at 18, but that isn't the case for Carson Huey-You, who's just 11 years old.        

"I am studying physics," the youngest student to ever enroll at Texas Christian University who started college on Monday says. "That's my major."

But like all college freshman, the 11-year-old is starting out by taking some required courses. His ultimate goal? Becoming a quantum physicist.

"I'm taking calculus, physics, history and religion – those are my core classes," says Huey-You, who seems to be adapting to college life quite well.  

I certainly wish him the best! It would be nice if the news organization continues to track him through his program. I would be curious to learn where he'd end up.

Zz.

No comments: